Sunday 5 April 2009

Jesus Spends

I was in Waitrose yesterday. That's right recession, I said Waitrose. I'm giving the credit crunch the treatment with my wilful spending. Anyway, I was admiring the chutneys (I eventually only bought some mustard) when there was an announcement on the tannoy. 'Would Jesus please come to customer service.' Which I enjoyed. And then, a few moments later it came again with a small change. 'Would Mr Jesus please come to customer service.' And that was it. Jesus may be the ever loving son of God, but he likes to be addressed by his proper title, or he's just not going to go to customer services.

I wondered what the problem was. Maybe it was...heh...heh....maybe they'd...heh...run out of bread and...heh...heh...fishes....

Sorry Mr. Jesus.

Oh yes. When I got to the checkout, I ended up standing behind Miss Popoff off of from Rentaghost. Coincidence? I think not....

2 comments:

Sally said...

How odd. Tom and I bumped into Miss Popoff is Sainsburys at the weekend. She just loves her NW3 supermarkets doesn't she?

Toby Davies said...

She's absolutely mad for them. I also saw her in Homebase.