Tuesday 17 February 2009

From the Archives

When digging around in the back of my hard drive, I found amongst the foreign coins, unsharpened pencils and souvenir keyrings from a school trip to Lullingstone Roman Villa, a little film of stills I had made to illustrate a song from my second musical Yeti - An Abominamusical. The song - Brotherhood of Five - is sung by a mixed sex fraternity who protect the secret of the existence of the Yeti. A joke that Grant and I decided we really liked is that the brotherhood sing of the many brilliant things that exist in fives. But shortly into the song they run out of things that come in fives and branch out. Anyway. It turns out that's a pretty hard joke to sell on stage. Never mind. It's a good song. The music is by Grant Olding, arrangement by Chris Huntley, and performed by the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. Enjoy. I shall be back. With a certain irregularity.

No comments: